Functional Ear Trainer – Advanced is still available for download, but no new development will be done.
(click to enlarge)
How it Works
The program plays a cadence followed by two tones. The two tones can be played one after the other (melodically) or simultaneously (harmonically).
Then, you have to answer 3 questions:
- What was the first note?
- What was the second note?
- What is the interval between the two notes?
Many options to tweek the program.
Functional Ear Trainer is only available as a Microsoft Windows executable.
- Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows7
- Minimum 64MB of RAM
- Minimum 10MB free disk space
- Soundcard or MIDI device
Functional Ear Trainer – Advanced can be downloaded and used for free:
(file type: ZIP, size: approx. 2.5 MB)
No ads. No banners. No spyware. No viruses. Just honest software.
Version 1.0.1 – 4 November 2010:
- Change: new setup program
Version 1.0.1 – 31 January 2008:
- Bug fix: corrected installation issue on Windows Vista
Version 1.0 – 27 January 2008:
- After more than 4 years, I think we can promote the 1.0 BETA 2 version to a final 1.0 version 🙂
- Change: new installation program
Version 1.0 BETA 2 – 2 December 2003:
- Second beta release
Version 1.0 BETA – 28 November 2003:
- First beta release